Friday, March 11, 2011

Update

Hey, Seth here. Fred won’t be posting today since he didn’t have the urge to write anything out for me. I thought I would want to write more, but honestly I never really wrote before, so I’m not even sure how or what to write about. I kind of start to write something then say everything I want to say in a few sentences and that doesn’t seem like much compared to what Fred does.

If anything, I want to spend some time inviting people to this blog to check it out. I guess I kind of imagined he would charm the electronic world like he does in person, but I think some of his charisma is lost in writing. Still, it’s been a nice excuse to see him more and I think there’s been a marked improvement in his quality of life.

I don’t think it’s healthy for a person to live like he does, mostly alone and away from people. I think that kind of lifestyle makes a person happy, either. Plus, he had no easy access to modern communication before I got to know him. I can’t even imagine what would happen to him if he had a medical emergency. It might be months before someone finds the body, as far out of the way as his home is.

If you have any questions for Fred, you can always post a comment. He only checks the computer on odd numbered non-Fridays, so it may take some time for him to respond. I’ll try to get better at being more active on here, for his sake. I think he deserves some sort of legacy, and a guy as smart as him still has a lot to share with the world.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

- Seth

No comments:

Post a Comment